Indonesia, the emerging Asian global powerhouse, is the largest economy in the Southeast Asia region. The International Monetary Fund ranked it 16th worldwide in 2016 based on Gross Domestic Product.
A large part of its economic success results from a growing middle class, political stability, and stable economic growth. Indonesia is one of the most promising business destinations, providing many trade and investment opportunities ranging from retailing to large infrastructure projects.
U.S.A. is one of Indonesia’s most important trading partners. Bilateral trade reached $25 billion in 2016. Meanwhile, Indonesia’s trade with the US Midwest reached $4.6 billion in 2016. The US is also one of the largest foreign investors in Indonesia. In 2016 US investments in Indonesia totaled $1.2 billion on 540 projects.
This event is a good opportunity for American businesses to learn more about Indonesia and the resources available to US companies.
An authentic Indonesian luncheon will be served.
When: Thursday, September 7, 2017, 9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Where: Indonesian Cultural Center 711 West Grand Avenue, Chicago, IL
Please RSVP by August 17, 2017
PLEASE FILL OUT ONE FORM FOR EACH PERSON ATTENDING. Thank you
- 09:30 am – 10:00 am: Registration (refreshment is served)
- 10:00 am – 10:15 am:
- Indonesian Cultural Performance
- Welcoming Remarks by Ms. Rosmalawati Chalid, Consul General
- Remarks by Mr. Kasi Paturi, President PAABC
- 10:15 am – 12:00 pm: Presentations
- Ease of Investing and Potential Investment Projects in Indonesia: Mr. Rahardjo Siswohartono, Director, Indonesia Investment Promotion Center, New York
- Trade with Remarkable Indonesia: Indonesia’s Superior ProductsMr. Andri Satria Permana, Deputy Director, Indonesia Trade Promotion Center Chicago
- 12:00 pm -01:00 pm: Lunch and networking